Before returning an item to us, please ensure you have read the information below.
When returning an item, please follow the returns process underneath and ensure you label whether the item has been disinfected or not. Failure to do so may mean that your return takes longer to process or is rejected. Should you have any queries on any of the below, please contact us at email@example.com
Please note that this returns process is for our approved customers (either mobility dealerships or the NHS). If you are an end user and you would like to return an item, please contact the dealership or wheelchair service that provided you with the item.
Please review the disinfection process carefully for all returns related to end products (chairs/ scooters/ Jay seating).
1) Warranty Claims
Please note that warranty is for parts only. The warranty details will be enforced as specified in the user manual of the product concerned.
If you wish to make a warranty claim, please let us know the part number that you require and the serial number/ order number of the product in question via our Returns form. We will endeavour to send you a replacement part free of charge and we will send you a collection date for the faulty part.
2) Damage through delivery
Should you receive a delivery from Sunrise Medical that is damaged, you must refuse the delivery.
Transit damaged items will only be accepted if we have been notified within 24 hours of the delivery and you have marked your delivery note from the carrier as “damaged”. The parts must be returned immediately as per the Returns process below.
3) Ordering errors/No longer required
If you wish to return an item because you no longer need the item, or if you have made a mistake on the order, then you must notify us within 5 days of receiving the order and the item must be returned within 30 days. If there is not a fault with the product, then any claims made after 30 days will be rejected.
- If a part has been incorrectly ordered or is no longer needed then a restock fee of 20% is applied
- For any configured products this is 45%
Please ensure you follow the below carefully in order for us to process your return:
1. Please do not return any goods without acquiring a returns reference number (WR number) from Sunrise Medical first. Failure to do this may result in your claim being delayed or rejected.
2. The WR number is obtained by sending a completed Returns form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Return forms can be downloaded from http://www.sunrisedice.com/asset-bank/assetfile/56814.pdf and must include all of the following:
- The collection address with postcode
- The name and phone number of the contact person at the collection address
- The number of parcels/boxes being returned
- The type of request (warranty/credit/repair).
- A valid serial number if claiming under warranty
- Part number of the item with description. If you are making a warranty claim, a like for like part will be sent to you free of charge.
- Part number of the item with description
- The reason for the return:
* N.B. As much information as possible is helpful here, for example if an item has failed under warranty, please advise how the item has failed and what is faulty about the product being returned. We would like to complete all requests as quickly as possible, but we cannot authorise returns and replacement orders without a valid reason. If there is not enough information here, an associate may ask you for a more detailed reason for your return, which will delay the claim.
3. If possible, please disinfect all end products before they are returned. Please ensure that the disinfection status is clearly stated on the Returns form.
4. All goods should, where possible, be collected from the organising dealer, not from the end user. This is to ensure that the end user has received adequate support and the parts returned are correct and have been correctly packaged.
5. It is the responsibility of the dealer to ensure that the parts are correct and have been adequately packaged in the original packing – failure to do so may result in the claim being rejected.
6. End product returns may take a little longer as authorisation is required before the return can be arranged.www.sunrisemedical.co.uk/resources/returns
The new Medical Device Regulations that come into force on May 25th 2020 and with new Requirements for ISO13485 (revision 2016) becoming obligatory on February 28th 2019, means that there is an enhanced focus on disinfection standards.
Due to current ISO standards we are obliged to ensure that all chairs/ scooters/ cushions have been decontaminated before being handled by our staff. Some products may be classed as ‘high risk’. Please see examples of high risk products below:
- Products that have been in close contact to a break in the client’s skin or mucous membranes.
- Products contaminated with particularly virulent or readily transmissible organisms.
- Products used by an immunocompromised client.
If a product requires disinfection at Sunrise Medical, then this may increase the lead time for the repair.
If a product is high risk, then the Returns team will arrange for a red bag to be sent to you. Please place the red bag on the product in question before collection is arranged. Please refer to www.sunrisemedical.co.uk/resources/returns for advice on the disinfection of medical devices. Thank you for your co-operation.
Hygiene measures before products can be returned to Sunrise Medical:
- All surfaces which come into contact with the user must be treated with a disinfection spray. To do this, you must use a suitable disinfectant for rapid alcohol-based disinfection of medical products and medical devices. There should be a minimum exposure time of 15 minutes before the product can be considered disinfected.
- Always take into account the manufacturer’s instructions for the disinfectant before use.
- The joystick control on power wheelchairs can be wiped with a damp cloth with a dilute disinfectant until clean.
- Ensure all surfaces are rinsed with clean water and dried thoroughly after disinfecting.
- Do not use solvents, bleaches, abrasives, synthetic detergents, wax polishes or aerosols.
- Refer to the user manual for the cleaning of speciality controls.
- Disinfected products should be placed in or covered with a non-permeable plastic bag or its original packaging and labelled as disinfected to maintain disinfection and cleanliness whilst being transported or stored.
- Where available, please attach a copy of your Disinfection Certificate to the product.
- All parts claimed under warranty should, where possible, be repackaged in the packaging that the replacement parts were sent in.
- All goods ordered or received in error must be returned in the original packaging – failure to do so may result in the claim being rejected.
- All new goods must be returned in a reusable condition – failure to do so may result in the claim being rejected.
- When you are advised of a WR number, you will also be given the date of collection.
- Please ensure that there is someone available at the collection address given on the Returns form to ensure that the collection is successful.
- Please ensure that the correct parcel is collected and marked with the WR number.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the correct parcel is collected. If the incorrect parcel is collected then you may be charged for the re-collection of the correct parcel. When an incorrect parcel is collected, you will need to arrange your own collection of the incorrect part if you want it returned.
Rejected returns claims
For any claims that are rejected, the parts will be kept for 10 working days and then they will be disposed of. If you want the parts to be returned, then it is your responsibility to arrange collection within that period. This will be at your cost. If you require Sunrise Medical to arrange delivery then we would require a purchase order number to cover the cost of carriage.
To download the Returns forms please click the following link: http://www.sunrisedice.com/asset-bank/assetfile/56814.pdf